U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
Government Affairs Department
Guide for contacting your elected representatives, Federal and other Links:
The following text is from the Auxiliary Manual (COMDTINST M16790.1F)
· Auxiliarists shall not communicate with officials of other Government agencies or members of Congress in the name of the Auxiliary unless the Chief Director determines the recommendations or requests are consistent with the Coast Guard and Auxiliary policy and grants the Auxiliarist specific permission in advance of the communication.
· Auxiliarists appointed as Auxiliary SLOs or as Staff officers in the Auxiliary Department of Boating are authorized to communicate with their designated State boating law organization and the State Boating Law Administrator (BLA).
· Auxiliarists appointed as Legislative Liaison officers and those serving on the National LLC are authorized to communicate with members of the State Legislature and their staff for the purpose of obtaining information of proposed, pending, and passed legislation concerning RBS matters.
· The right of Auxiliarists to communicate directly with elected and appointed Government officials and agencies as private citizens is not restricted. Neither official stationery nor Auxiliary titles shall be used in such communications.
· Auxiliarists are requested to notify their DCO and DIRAUX of such appearances beforehand.
A link by state that shows you how to contact Congress http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/
Consists of State and Federal Representatives by Zip Code http://www.vote-smart.org/index.htm